Monday, November 28, 2011

Taking the first step......

.... is always the hardest part for me - especially when dealing with dietary changes.  Well let me tell you that today I am taking that step by starting Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure Program.  I am ready and oh so excited!!

Let me fill you in on how I got to where I am. My husband and I have 5 children (ages 2-14) and after the birth of each child, I would eventually lose the majority of the weight but would still be about 10-15 lbs. overweight when I became pregnant again.  That is where I am now.  Still trying to get the "baby" weight off after 5 babies (and did I mention that my youngest "baby" is 2 1/2 years old)?!?!  I try to convince myself that it's because I'm in my 40's... but... I see women older than me all the time, having babies, and getting back into shape...so, I definently know it's doable! 

I must admit that I have not tried very hard.  The majority of our diet is pretty healthy, but, the sugar and carbs. that we consume are sabotaging all of my efforts.  I really do believe in moderation but that is oh so hard for me to do when it comes to sweets.  In fact, sometimes I'll eat sweets until I feel ill. It's like that's my trigger to stop.  If a little feels good, than more must feel even better, right??  I know.... totally wrong!  That is what I love about Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure program.  I am no stranger to this plan as I "tried" it for a few weeks last fall, with very successful results, I might add.  I was able to include carbs and sweets in my diet as long as I kept to the sugar/carb values of 15/6 each day.  I had more energy and really reduced my cravings for sweets.  So what happened?  Why did I go off the plan?  I will post about that tomorrow as I don't wont to lose you with a super long first post. 

Looking forward to blogging along the way so I can remember the details, be more accountable, and hopefully inspire others (which would make me so happy - and if I do PLEASE DO let me know).  Thanks for being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment