Thursday, December 22, 2011

What I Ate Yesterday (12/22)

Here's what I ate yesterday (Thursday):
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Breakfast: My Morning Shake
    Sugar Grams: 4          Carb Grams:  18        =      S/C Value: 4/1

Lunch: 2 Baked Fish Fillets; Small Salad
    Sugar Grams: 3          Carb Grams: 20         =      S/C Value: 3/2

Snack:  1 serving (39 pieces) Dry Roasted Nuts
    Sugar Grams: 2         Carb Grams:  5           =      S/C Value: 1/1

Dinner:  Poached Salmon w/ Homemade Dill Sauce; Smashed Cauliflower; Baked Kale Chips
    Sugar Grams: 3          Carb Grams: 13         =     S/C Value: 3/1

Snack: Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea; 3/4 tsp Truvia
    Sugar Grams:  0         Carb Grams: 3           =      S/C Value: 0/0
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That comes out to a daily S/C total of 11/5 and not one of my meals exceeded a S/C value of 5/2 - YEAH!

I feel like I'm getting better at this whole new way of eating and am becoming much more aware of the sugars and carbs in the foods that I eat.

Here are a few photos of what I ate today:
 
2 Baked Gorton's Fish Filets with a Small Salad (S/C = 3/2)
  
Poached Salmon w/ Dill Sauce;
Smashed Cauliflower; Baked Kale Chips (S/C = 3/1)
This meal was made by my husband who is a fabulous cook!  This was my first time having the smashed cauliflower and kale chips and I was pleasantly surprised.  I knew not to expect the cauliflower to taste like mashed potatoes so I wasn't disappointed.  And the kale chips were salted and crispy and very tasty. The picture makes the salmon look like it is covered in a lot of dill sauce when actually it was only 1 1/2 TBSP (with an S/C value of 0/0). 






1 comment:

  1. Kim,
    I am not doing well with my eating.After Christmas I am going to do better.I am going to go to your site and use your menu's. I am so happy you started this blog.Keep up the good work. Love Cheryl(you'r sister)

    ReplyDelete