Friday, April 20, 2012

Getting Serious - TODAY!!!

Today I'm getting totally serious about losing these 25 lbs. that I've been carrying around for the past 14 years.  After I had our first baby I got down to 127 and have never seen that on the scale again.  When I got pregnant with our second I gained 70 lbs and went up to 197. After gaining weight through 5 pregnancies, it's time to get it off what's left once and for all ( I'm not happy about being over-weight but I would do it all again if gaining the weight meant giving birth to 5 beautiful, very healthy, babies).

I changed my blog's "About Me" blurb to read:
     "I've "flirted" with the BFC over the past 1 1/2 years but have never really gotten totally serious with it. As of 4/20/12, I'm ready to jump in feet first and follow the plan until I've lost 25lbs. and gotten down to my goal weight of 130 lbs. I'm 43 years old and 5'4" and feel that's a very realistic goal. Come along and join me ~ Let's get healthy together!!"

I know I can do this because the past few weeks have been so busy and crazy and full of temptations and yet I've survived.  Two weeks ago my brother-in-law was in the hospital for 6 days and we ate all of our lunches and a few dinners at the hospital cafeteria.  Not a ton of BFC friendly choices so I had a salad most days and twice had 1/2 piece of thin pizza along with my salad.  My daugher and I went to see 'Wicked' and had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  I had two fish tacos and 1/2 piece of low-carb cheesecake.  Easter came and went and I did pretty good.  I did have 1 dessert but stayed away from the easter candy which is HUGE for me!  Yesterday was our daughter's 3rd birthday and I had one bite of chocolate cake and that was it. 

I've come a long way ...  I still have a ways to go but I know I'm on the right path and I'm actually looking forward to the journey!!  So here we go....

Today's Weight: 155.4

I'll leave you with a picture of what I did last night...
Tanner getting his Bear Rank Advancement in Cub Scouts.

1 comment:

  1. This is exciting!!! You are doing great if you made it through all of those occasions without falling back to sugar.
    5 kids? I thought 4 was tough...and 2 at once for me:) You will feel so much better as the weight comes off. I can't believe how much happier and ready for Spring I am this year without my extra weight. Let's go!!!

    ReplyDelete