Monday, April 23, 2012

Week 1 ~ Day 4

Saturday morning when I weighed-in I was 154.2 - down 1.2 lbs from the day before.  I forgot to weigh in yesterday morning (Sunday) before I drank my morning shake.  This morning when I weighed in I was 155.4 - that's exactly what I weighed on Friday.  Now that might look discouraging but I'm actually excited about it!  Once I get through the weekend, I can usually breeze through the week (M-F).  It was a strange weekend foodwise and I expected my weight to be higher today.  Here's what I ate this weekend:

Friday
Breakfast: My morning shake
Lunch: Pecans, cheese, crackers
Dinner: Salad with asparagus, artichoke hearts, pine nuts, roasted red peppers, and a piece of baked chicken.  I went to a women's event at my church which included dinner.  The salad had already been pre-mixed with dressing and the chicken had some type of breading on it that I did my best to pick off.  I stayed away from the bread and the dessert table and just had a cup of decaf. coffee with 1/2 & 1/2.

Saturday
Breakfast: My morning shake
Lunch: Pita (1/2) with mayo, 1 slice roast beef, 1 slice roasted turkey, 1 slice cheddar cheese
Dinner:  Red Robin. Now here's where things started going down hill.  I ordered the new shrimp tacos and asked if they could substitute corn tortillas for the four.  They said they could.  When they came they were on red corn tortillas that for whatever reason where really hard (but in a hard chewy kind of way) and not good at all.  I didn't want to complain so I ate the few shrimp on the tacos and then split my husband's burger with him.  Since I was really hungry I ate my 1/2 of the burger with the bun figuring it was just 1/2 a bun.  We were at Red Robin with some friends and before I knew it, I had eaten probably 1/2 a basket of fries without thinking about it.  My friend was eating them and then I realized I had been eating them.  I finally pushed them away and didn't eat anymore so that was better than eating the entire basket.

Sunday
Breakfast: My morning shake
Lunch: Had lunch at my in-laws to celebrate the birthdays of my father-in-law and our youngest daughter.  My mother-in-law is a wonderful cook and I knew before we went what the menu would be: pork roast, scalloped potatoes, sweet potato casserole, asparagus, hot fruit salad, rolls, angel food cake and cupcakes.  What's a low-carb lovin girl to do??  I ended up having the pork roast and asparagus and then 1 tablespoon each of the others.  No bread but I did have a cupcake.  We had brought them and they were really on the small side.   This is going to sound strange but I didn't even eat the cupcake because I was hungry or craved it - I ate it because we had made them and I wanted to see if they were good since everyone else was eating them.  I should have had 1 bite, but 1 bite was 1/3 of the cupcake so I just finished it off :(  Live and learn!
Dinner: Had leftovers that my mother-in-law sent home with us.  Had 2 slices of the roast, 1 tablespoon each of asparagus and scalloped potatoes.  Later in the evening I had a Clemmy's O. Should have skipped the Clemmy's but I'm use to having one at night and I was actually craving it (probably from the sugar that I had had during the day).

I know I will do great for the rest of the week!  Looking forward to weighing in on Friday.  We have no plans to eat out this week and I have some great, low-carb dinners planned so I expect to report a weight-loss on Friday morning when I offically weigh-in.

I'll leave you with a few photos from our weekend:

Brooke being "Mama" to her Baby Alive that she got from
her Auntie (my sister) for her birthday

Sunset last night.  The perfect ending to the weekend :)






5 comments:

  1. Baby Alive! We got one for my granddaughter a few years back. We got her all set up to do her doody and it literally blew out like a real babies diaper. She screamed, threw the doll down, and never really played with her much again! Good thing we don't do that with our real babies that have blow outs.
    What kind of shake are you having in the morning? I used to do slimfast, but they are really high in sugar. I miss the ease of them sometimes.
    I love Red Robin too. With all of your temptations it sounds like you did really well. Getting sugar completely out of your system will be a huge help to you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kay ~ Brooke's Baby Alive has went potty a lot... we ran out of diapers (she only comes with 2??) but since it's just water we dry them out and put them back on her. Still waiting for her to go #2. My boys thinks it's the funniest thing ever (go figure) :)

      Not sure how to link you to the recipe for my shake but it's in my blog on December 16, 2011. It's derived from a shake that I saw in a book called "The Great Physician's RX" that I read about 6-7 years ago by Jordan Rubin. (Excellent book, by the way that addresses overall health and wellness). Anyways, I LOVE my morning shake - it is so chalk full of goodness. I do change it up occassionally. For example, we make our own yogurt but had run out so instead of making a new batch, I picked up some probiotics and have been taking them instead this week - this has lowered my sugar intake also). This shake keeps me so regular and just overall makes me feel great! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, and love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food choices sound great! I want to do some menu planning - Ive just been winging it for months!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your detailed food journal! Sounds like you are making some great choices! Your 'Salad with asparagus, artichoke hearts, pine nuts, roasted red peppers, and a piece of baked chicken.' especially sounds good to me right now!! Might have to head by the grocery store on the way home from work tonight! :-)

    ReplyDelete