Monday, May 7, 2012

Week 3 ~ Day 4


Hello Friends!

Wow! Life has definently been a whirlwind over here and I have truly missed posting to my blog as well as reading/commenting on all of yours!!!  The last two weeks have been the busiest that I have been in a very long time. Something every.... single..... day.......and sometimes 4-5 things to get done outside of our house. Whew!!! Things are finally slowing up.  I knew I was getting further behind with each day that went by - we were up early most days, and went to bed late so I was exhausted during the time of day that I normally post.  When I finally logged in today I couldn't believe that my last post had been almost 2 weeks ago! 

Ready for a funny story..... This morning I was so excited to get up, make my morning shake, and get to this post before the kids got up.  I had taken the lid off of the blender while it was running to add the coconut oil. Well... are you ready for this.....I had just added the coconut oil and the power went out.  It came back on about 5 seconds later, but only for about 2 seconds which was just enough time to shoot our shakes all over the kitchen counter, cabinets, floor, me, etc...  (remember the lid had been off!!?!?).  It was still dark outside, so with the power being out, I was going to wait until the sun came up to clean it up.  My husband came downstairs and cleaned it up, using a small headlamp for light.  He also took a few photos with his phone so I will try to show those tomorrow.  The power was out for over 2 hours - which meant NO INTERNET EITHER - so I was unable to work on my post before the kids woke up.  What are the chances that this would happen???  Actually it gave my husband and I a good chuckle after the fact!

Anyways.... Let me bring you up to date on how I have been doing on the BFC:

Week 1 Weigh-In (Friday, April 27th) = 154.8 - down .6 lbs. this week for a total loss of .6 lbs.
Week 2 Weigh-In (Friday, May 4th) = 154.0 - down .8 lbs this week for a total loss of  1.4 lbs.

Nothing earth shattering but I am really getting the hang of  this. My kitchen is stocked up with BFC foods and snacks and I am beginning to feel more at ease when ordering out at restaurants. 

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite snacks when I am wanting something  sweet.  I got this recipe from Jorge Cruise's Fast Track book.  Take 1 Tbsp of almond butter and spread it on a tiny plate (I like the MaraNatha brand of almond butter (no-stir) and I prefer crunchy over creamy). Spray whipped cream on top.


Now this part isn't in Jorge's book, but this time I grated a very small amount of dark chocolate on top.  All I used was the part that you see missing from the square: 


The chocolate really didn't add much in the way of sugars and carbs but really added a nice touch to the dessert.   Here is a photo of the finished product.  D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!


Total S/C count for this dessert: 2/1 (this number can vary based on how much, if any, chocolate you grate on top).

Well that's about all for now.  I promise to post again in the next day or two.  Have a great day!






6 comments:

  1. Hi Kim! I found your blog on Kay's site. I have a blog too, and You sound alot like me. I am not one of the perfect girls on the BFC. I have been trying to stick to it for about the same amount of time as you. I am serious and then sometimes, not so much. I've never totally strayed from it thought, but I've only lost 15 lbs and that is over a year and a half. Still, I'm losing, 've kept it off and I always come right back to it when I stray. I'm trying to be more serious about tracking and writing. I know that's where I'm lacking. Looking forward to following the BFC along with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pattie!! I'm so glad you found my blog through Kay's (by the way, I LOVE Kay's blog!!). Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I just linked over to your blog and I'm so excited to get to know you. I read a few of your posts and you have such a sweetness about you that comes through in your writing. Can't wait to sit down today and read some more. I know what you mean about being serious at times and not as serious at other times. I actually can lose weight pretty quickly when I am very serious about it but on the other hand I swear I can gain 1-2 lbs from over-eating at 1 meal. I'm sure that's not possible but it sure seems like it. I'm thinking about setting an actual goal for the end of May (6 lbs -which will be about 2 lbs per week) and seeing if I can hit it. I think that will keep me from straying. We'll see. Looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you wonderful BFC bloggers :)

      Delete
  2. Your dessert sounds yummy! I need to get some of the Almond Butter the next time we go to Trader Joe's.
    Your story is so sadly funny!!! You will never turn the blender on again without giggling. Your husband was a gem to help clean up the mess! My son used to take a headlamp in the car with him so he could read when it got dark. I can still picture him with it on:) He's 24 now...time flies!
    Slow and steady wins the race, remember that:) You are doing great! Overall health too!
    I swear I thought 4 children was a lot, 5? OMG!!! You are a Mom warrior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - my husband was really super nice to clean it up. He's awesome (And...... he reads my blog so I wonder if he'll chime in on this one:) Those headlamps are so funny - I put it on when he left so I could read a book and when I took it off I had an imprint on my forehead for about a half hour! Ha! Five children is busy and I'm sure that since I'm in the thick of it right now I probably don't know any different. It's kind of sweet having a teenager at the same time as a toddler. Really helps life not feel to serious at times. I love 3-year olds and the things they say and do!! Priceless.

      Delete
  3. I just saw your comment after I had commented on Baby Alive, how is she by the way? Any poo yet?
    I found your shake recipe and I am copying and pasting it to an email to myself! Being regular would be extremely helpful for me. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No poo yet. We have now offically lost both of the diapers that she came with so I'm afraid to have Brooke feed her any food. I actually had to quict putting water in the bottle because, without a diaper on her, the water literally pours out of her bottom the second you give it to her. Brooke is pretty content just carrying her around and putting her in the stroller. Whew!

      Remember if you do make the shake, it definently is not a "dessert" type of shake and you can play around with the ingredients to your liking. I really like mine with the cocoa and coffee beans and you can definently add more or less sweetner - I use Truvia). I was even thinking about trying it with peanut butter. It definently does make me full for hours and very regular - Yeah!! :)

      Delete