Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Week 7 ~ Day 6

I just spent my morning catching up on, and commenting on, all of your wonderful blogs that when the time was up, I realized I hadn't even written my own yet.  Ha!

This afternoon I am having 17 kids at our house for my son's 12th birthday party (5 of them are my own kids but that's still alot of kids) so I have ALOT to do. Oh, and our dishwasher is getting installed this morning as well (not sure why we scheduled it today) so I will make this short and sweet.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: My morning shake, green tea

Snack: Handful of almonds

Lunch: Chicken breast, provolone cheese, 1 low-carb english muffin with butter and Bragg's Nutrional Yeast Seasoning.

Dinner: Steamed shrimp with broccoli

So proud of myself.  Took my son to a Boy Scout function last night and we had a little extra time before so we stopped to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant.  I ALWAYS order the slippery shrimp or chicken which is laden with a sweet sauce.  (Don't think it didn't cross my mind last night as well - because it did!)  But I saw a low-calorie section in the menu that actually was low-carb as well. I ordered the steamed shrimp with broccoli and it was excellent!  So glad there was a BFC-friendly option available.

Hope everyone has a great day!!  Stay strong - You/we CAN do this!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck today. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! 17 kids! You are a brave woman:)
    Every day you are getting closer to your goal and the health and figure you desire! Pretty exciting! I was reading my blog posts from a year ago yesterday to see where I was then. I had lost 19 lbs and felt good, but the next 10 lbs have felt amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of work ahead for you missy.
    I found the nutritional yeast yesterday at sprouts. I had it on my shopping list for at least 6 months and could not find it anywhere. But Viola!! There it was after I saw it on your post. Thanks cause I just kind of forgot about it.
    It's funny how our choices changing are so natural to us now when we go out to eat after BFC.
    Have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete