Monday, April 15, 2013

What I've Been Eating (Week 12) - End of 12-Week Transformation Program

I know it's warming up in many parts of the country, but this is the view I have outside right now.  I woke up to the snow falling and it hasn't stopped all day.  We're expected to get between 14-18 inches before it's all done.  Taking the kids to school today, the roads were pretty slushy, but thankfully, not icy.  Let's hope it's the same when I go to pick up them up in about an hour.  Today my son was suppose to have a track meet - obviously it was canceled.  In fact, this is the third track meet that's been canceled due to the snow. I said, if you want it to snow.....schedule a track meet!!  It does make everything look so pretty and clean, though, and I love to see it fall.  My parents come tomorrow for a few weeks.  I hope they make it in to Denver without any delays or cancellations.  We all can't wait to see them! :)



As many of you know, for the past 12 weeks, I've been participating in Heather Fearneyhough's Bombshell Transformation Program. The basis of the program is Clean Eating combined with regular exercise - all of which Heather teaches you about during the 12 weeks.  She is a sweet southern gal who genuinly cares about helping those who really want to turn their lives around for the the better.  She's been there.  She lost 136 lbs. this way and has kept it off for over 4 years.  She will be launching another online program at the end of May (or early June).  Watch for her to post about it on her FB page (Heather's FITspriation).  I lost 11.9 lbs. during the past 12 weeks (from 156.0 down to 144.1)  I lost several inches, and once I take my final measurements today, as well as my final photos, I'll post them here for you to see.

I would still like to lose another 10-15 lbs and will continue to eat and exercise this way to get there.  I'm thinking of joining Heather's next group as well because I like the accountability it offers as well as the advice from someone who's been there, lost the weight in a healthy way, and kept if off.   Let me know if you have any questions and, as always, thanks for reading.

Here is what I ate this past week:

WEEK 12:  (April 8th - April 14th) - Lost 1 lb.
Monday 4/8/13B: (6:30am) My Morning Shake

S: (9:30am) 1 small apple with 1T natural peanut butter

L: (12:00pm) Leftover Shrimp Ceasar Salad

S: (3:00pm) 1/2c low-fat cottage cheese with 1 cutie orange cut up and mixed in

D: (6:00pm) Grilled Salmon, steamed broccoli, 1/2 sweet baked potato with 1tsp organic butter; 1 Larabar (didn't really need the Larabar but was craving something sweet - the sweet potato wasn't enough Smile )

Tuesday 4/9/13
B: (6:30am) My Morning Shake

S: (9:25am) 2 brown rice cakes with 2T natural peanut butter

(10:45am) Worked Out

L: (12:10pm) 3/4c greek yogurt with 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder and 1 Kashi Dark Almond Mocha granola bar crumbled over the top

S: (3:00pm) 1/2c low-fat cottage cheese with 1 cutie orange cut up and mixed in

D: (5:45pm) 1 cup of homemade tomato soup; chicken salad (lettuce, grilled chicken and homemade dressing (olive oil, balsalmic vinegar, maple syrup))

S: (8:30pm) 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder with a glass of water

Wednesday 4/10/13
B: (6:45am) My Morning Shake; green tea

(9:40am) Worked Out

S: (10:45am) 3/4c greek yogurt with 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder and 1 Kashi Dark Almond Mocha granola bar crumbled over the top
This was much too long between meals but I got a phone call when I was just getting ready to eat (that I had to take) so I had to put off my snack for a little bit

L: (1:30pm) 2 homeade chicken soft tacos (2 corn tortillas topped with pesto, roasted shredded chicken, avocado slices and a dollop of Greek yogurt)

S: (3:00pm) 12 almonds, handful of organic baby carrots

D: (6:00pm) Turkey & Ham Salad from Subway (mixed greens, turkey & ham (asked for double meat to make sure I had enough protein), provolone cheese, cucumbers, olives, onion, tomato, banana peppers. 2 tsp. ceasar dressing.

Thursday 4/11/13
B: (6:00pm) My Morning Shake

(8:45am) Worked Out

S: (10:00am) 3/4c greek yogurt with 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder and 1 Kashi Dark Almond Mocha granola bar crumbled over the top

L: (12:35pm) Baked Tilapia topped with 1T pesto, 3/4c sugar snap peas, 3 Ak-Mak crackers

S: (3:30pm) 2 brown rice cakes (topped each rice cake with 1T natural peanut butter, 6 raisins and 3 almonds)

D: (6:30pm) 2 homemade chicken soft tacos (2 corn tortillas topped with pesto, roasted shredded chicken, avocado slices, a sprinkle of cheddae cheese and a dollop of Greek yogurt)

S: Cup of Herba Mate Chocolatte Tea; small square of 86% dark chocolate

Friday 4/12/13
B: (6:45am) No shake today!! Scrambled eggs (1 egg + 2 egg whites) mixed with sauteed mushrooms; oatmeal with 1T natural peanut butter & about 1/4c unsweetened almond milk & a sprinke of Stevia

S: (9:45am) 2 Wasa crackers, 1 cutie orange and 15 small almonds
** right after I ate this, I realized I was pretty sore from yesterday's workout so I drank 1 scoop of protein powder in a glass of water**

L: (12:10pm) Baked tilapia topped with 1T pesto; 1/2 of a green bell pepper; 1 picee of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin toast topped with a squirt of flax oil

S: (2:45pm) Protein Smoothie (unsweetened almond milk, Greek yogurt, 1 1/2 scoops chocolate whey protein powder, 1 banana, 2T almond butter, chia seeds)

D: (5:30pm) Homemade Chicken Enchiladas (2 corn tortillas filled with shredded chicken breast, onion, and a little cheese - rolled up and baked with enchilada sauce); served covered with lots of shredded lettuce, a few avocado slices, and a dollop of Greek yogurt
**the only questionable item was the enchilada sauce. My kids requested this meal so I made theirs with flour tortillas and then made a small pan with corn tortillas for my husband and I**

Saturday 4/13/13
B: (6:15am) My Morning Shake

S: (9:30am) 15 small almonds and a handful of baby carrots

L: (12:40pm) 1 leftover chicken enchilada covered with lots of shredded lettuce, 2 slices of sliced avocado and 1T of homemade dressing

(3:00pm) Worked Out

S: (4:00pm) Protein Smoothie: Unsweetened almond milk mixed with 1 1/2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder and 1T almond butter

D: (7:00pm) Baked Tilapia, steamed asparagus & salad with homemade dressing (olive oil, vinegar, maple syrup, dijon mustard, salt/pepper & parsely)

Sunday 4/14/13
B: (8:00am) My Morning Shake

S: No snack today - I forgot my carrots and almonds for the drive to church

L: (12:00pm) 1/2 of a Pork Barbacoa Salad from Cafe Rio

S: (4:00pm) Frozen yogurt (got brownie and cheesecake bites on mine) - a total splurge

D: Super full and didn't feel well - couldn't eat dinner. I'm sure the frozen yogurt splurge had something to do with it.

3 comments:

  1. Wow all that snow and I am complaining about it being 60 and gloomy today - sorry. :-)
    You have done a great job. How tall are you? Cause it sounds like you are at a great weight right now.
    Have a good one and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your kids had school with all the snow! They close schools here sometimes if there is supposed to be a big storm, even before it happens! Thanks for your post on my blog. I figured since Heather never responded to 2 emails that there was no class starting today. I'm glad you did well with it and I think you are right, the accountability of a group and leader like Heather helps you to stick with it. I also agree about the almond flour. I am just going to stay away from any of that sort of stuff until I feel I'm back in better control. I can overeat even the "healthified" treats. Can't wait to see you final pictures!! XO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, can't believe you are getting snow again! We had almost a heat wave last week and now it's chilly again. I don't know what is going on with this weather.
    I LOVE how well you are doing eating and exercising this way! The BFC has brought me to a standstill, but after eating this way for two years it's hard to consider another way! I must do something though to get myself moving again.

    ReplyDelete